We are hiring: Programmes Assistant
Deadline for applications: 5 July 2018
Contract: 2 year fixed-term
Salary: up to US$14,400
Together with Youth LEAD and Youth RISE, we formed a consortium to apply for the Global Fund Community Rights and Gender Strategic Initiative (2017-2019), Component 2: Strengthening the Capacity of Key Populations Networks to Meaningfully Engage in Global Fund Related Processes (the “Project”) on 5 June 2017. The proposal was successfully awarded, making us one of the six grantees of the grant. The contract with the Global Fund has been signed.
In order to effectively carry out this programme, we are looking for a proficient and dynamic young person who is passionate about joining our growing and demanding network as Programmes Assistant for a fixed term contract until April 2020.
Under the direction of the Regional Programmes Manager, the Programme Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Regional Programmes Manager, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the programmes, and assists with information management.
The role of our Programmes Assistant
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff, and sharing workload with Programme Assistants from other teams;
- Assists in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations;
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required;
- Maintains and updates team’s databases and mailing lists;
- Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required;
- Organises regular work meetings and conference calls, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices;
- Takes minutes of regular work meetings and other meetings with partners;
- Assists the Communication Officer to maintain and update the organisation’s website, and on a required basis, carries out specific web searches;
- Assists with inputting and editing programmes documents including reports;
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from the Programmes Manager.
- Maintains and regularly updates travel plans and budget amounts to provide an accurate overview of the programme’s travel budget;
- Provides updated reports to the Regional Programmes Manager;
- Advises the Programmes Manager of projected overruns;
- Responsible for formatting, distribution and filing of trip reports; and
- Reconciles travel expenditures for all team members and submits them for authorisation and payment.
Are you the one we are looking for?
If you are a dynamic and competent young person who wishes to work and evolve in a professionally challenging environment and growing organisation, Y+ is your place. We work largely with youth-led emerging organisations that expect support and guidance, and partners that expect professional and quality work from us. We are looking for a young person who focuses on organisation objectives and personal development, as well as being a future expert who is able to inspire innovation.
The main mission will be providing assistance to the Programmes Manager in carrying out programmes activities in the most effective way.
Young people living with HIV in all their diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 July 2018 23:59 CET. Your cover letter will provide all necessary information to highlight your experience and motivation. Please indicate in your email subject line the following: JOB APPLICATION – PROGRAMMES ASSISTANT. Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.