Call for applications: Join the Y+ Board
Y+ seeks diversity of age, key population representation and gender on the Y+ Board. Through having one seat for individuals and another for organizations, Y+ hopes to strike a balance between creating space for the diverse participation of young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) communities, recognizing that not all YPLHIV are members of networks while also developing strong relationships with regional groups.
Y+ seeks representatives for the following regions:
- West and central Africa
- Asia Pacific Region
- Caribbean Region
- Eastern Europe and central Asia.
Who is eligible?
- Must be living with HIV
- Must be below the age 30 and above age 17
- Must be a living within the region he or she is representing
- English proficiency required, additional language fluencies a plus
- Experience working with adolescents and young people at the community, country or regional level on health issues
- Documented leadership abilities and commitment to advance the health and rights of YPLHIV
- Solid communication skills, including ease using e-communication platforms, Skype, etc.
- Expertise in the four Y+ advocacy priority areas
- Skills in medicine, research, advocacy and policy, service delivery, and/or communications desired
- Must be able to provide a Reference from a reputable organisation and network of YPLHIV in the country.
What are the Board member responsibilities?
- Participation on the Y+ Board is on a voluntary basis
- Commitment to provide time at least ten hours a week
- Attend virtual and face-to-face meetings of the Board
- Participate in the development and review of relevant policies related to the health, wellbeing and rights of YPLHIV
- Chair and coordinate (on a rotational basis) teleconferences every month
- Maintain and update regional database of YPLHIV
- As most communication will be email based, respond to emails within 2 working days
- Disseminate updates from the Y+ network to national and regional networks, a quarterly regional report will be shared by each regional representative
- Attend meetings and events, when necessary in representation of the Y+ Network, as determined by the Board through a transparent participant selection process to contribute to agendas for global/regional/national meetings/conferences and follow up decisions/recommendations from the meetings/conferences that relate to YPLHIV
- Report back within 2 weeks counting down from the day one reached back home
- Develop technical support requirements that YPLHIV networks or groups need to effectively engage in local and global HIV responses based on needs and gaps that are evidenced-based; develop a technical assistance (TA) plan for the Y+ movement for partners to support nationally, regionally and globally.
What are the requirements?
- A letter of interest written in English that indicates vividly the following in less than 350 words;
- Why you want to be part of the Y+ Board
- What are your experiences in advocating for the needs of adolescents and young people living with HIV
- What is your personal vision of a global network of young people living with HIV and how would you contribute to strengthen the network
- A letter of reference from a local organization and another from a network of YPLHIV in your country
- A copy of your C.V
- A copy of your international passport data page.
How to apply?
All application requirements are to be submitted to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 30 April.