Call for applications: Join the Y+ Board (voluntary position)
Y+ seeks diversity of age, key population representation and gender on the Y+ Board. Through having one seat for individuals and another for organizations, Y+ hopes to strike a balance between creating space for the diverse participation of young people living with HIV (YPLHIV) communities, recognizing that not all YPLHIV are members of networks but also developing strong relationships with regional groups.
Y+ seeks representatives for the following regions:
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Middle East and North Africa
- Latin America
- Must be living with HIV
- Must be between 18-28 years old
- You must be living within the region you are representing
- English proficiency required
- Experience working with adolescents and young people at the community, country or regional level on health issues
- Documented leadership abilities and commitment to advance the health and rights of YPLHIV
- Solid communication skills, including ease using e-communication platforms, Skype, etc.
- Skills in any of the following areas; medicine, research, advocacy, policy and service delivery.
- Must be able to provide a recommendation letter from a reputable organization or network of YPLHIV in the country
What are the Board member responsibilities?
The Board’s responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Maintain ethical and transparent governance of Y+.
- Oversee and support the implementation of the Y+ work plan.
- Participate in the Y+ Board on a voluntary basis.
- Participate in the development and review of relevant policies related to the health, wellbeing and rights of YPLHIV.
- Connect, strengthen and lead alongside with YPLHIV network and or groups from your region.
- Provide input to GNP+ processes as they relate to YPLHIV (to be coordinated through the GNP+ Y+ liaison).
- Champion the values and goals of Y+ and do not bring the board into disrepute.
- Disseminate updates from the Y+ network to national and regional networks, a quarterly regional report will be shared by each regional representative.
- Provide regular updates regarding work relating to YPLHIV, including a quarterly written updates.
- Relay on the Y+ representation protocol, attend meetings and events, when necessary in representation of the Y+ Network, as determined by the Board through a transparent participant selection process and report back within 2 weeks counting down from the day one reached back home.
- Annually review strategic documents (including, but not limited to, Memorandums of Understanding, workplan, Terms of Reference, protocol etc.).
What are the requirements?
- A letter of interest written in English that indicates vividly the following: (maximum of 500 words);
- Why do you want to be part of the Y+ Board?
- What are your experiences in advocating for the needs of adolescents and young people living with HIV?
- What is your personal vision of a global network of young people living with HIV and how would you contribute to strengthen the network?
- A letter of recommendation from a local organization
- Another letter of recommendation from a network of YPLHIV in your country (Optional)
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of your international passport data page
How to apply?
Applications must be sent via this online form.
Any questions can be submitted to email@example.com
Deadline: 15 April 2019.